As I was looking for inspiration today, I came across a website that has a list of 150 quotes that are all about art, creativity, and life. I'm usually the kind of person that makes fun of inspirational quotes, because let's be honest: most of the inspirational quotes out there are pretty cheesy. But a lot of the quotes I found on this site were really quite inspiring. The above quote by E.B. White was one of them, and for some reason, it jumped out at me.
It's no secret that I love art and nature. Every time I step outside, I find something in the natural world that fills me with wonder. I marvel at the way the clouds hug the mountains, the way the snow glows when the sun hits it, and the myriad of colors that appear on the mountains and in the sky when the sun sets. I love the deep silence that fills the air after a snowfall, the way snowflakes glitter and dance in the sun as they float on the wind, and the deep blue of the mountains just before the sun's light completely disappears. I find so much beauty in the colors of the leaves in the Fall, the different patterns and colors of tree bark, and the quiet gurgle of water as it dances over and between rocks.
There is so much to experience in this life; so much that can fill us with wonder and joy. The sensation of wonder is unlike any other. It allows us to question, to pursue, to create.What would life be like, then, if we were always looking for the presence of wonder?
No comments:
Post a Comment