That gorgeous morning reminds me of Christ, and how He is light. Often clouds and darkness hide our path up the mountain, and sometimes the peaks--our eternal goals--get lost in the fog. But if we allow it, Christ's light can shine through the foggy confusion and illuminate our goal, reminding us of what we are working toward.
The symbolism of Christ being the Light of the World is really cool. In the dark, we stumble and fall--we can't see obstacles in our path. But light allows us to see clearly where we must place our feet. Light does not come into our lives, however, unless we allow it. Turning on the light switch, pulling up the shade, opening our eyes, etc. In the same way, Christ cannot come into our lives unless we allow Him to. It is our choice whether we stumble in darkness or find our path in the light.
2 Samuel 23:4 says, "And he shall be as the light of the morning, when the sun riseth, even a morning without clouds..." Isn't the imagery here beautiful? I want my life to be like the sun rising on a morning without clouds.


Thank you SO much for this post. I needed it today. Your thoughts are so beautiful. As are you. Sue me if I'm obsessed with you.
ReplyDeleteIf it's wrong, I don't WANNA BE RIGHT.