Monday, January 21, 2013

Musings

It's slightly ironic that the name of my blog is "Living Awake." I took a 5 hour nap yesterday. I pretty much take a nap everyday. It's fine.
I went to 2 hours of church yesterday. The only thing I remember about sunday school is that my toes were numb, but only on one foot. It's possible that my choice of shoes had something to do with it. Three and half inch heels in the snow = I could have made a wiser choice. But I'd like to say it was worth it. 
Sacrament was interesting. The first speaker told us that she is very, VERY serious about giving talks, and she was frustrated that she didn't have enough time to pray and study about her subject, which was employment....or something like that. She was pretty intense. I drew pictures on the program. But props to me for knowing that her topic had something to do with employment!
The second speaker was from the high council. When the words "high" and "council" are mentioned together in Sacrament meeting, a collective sigh of dread is often issued forth from the audience. Those speakers tend to wax long and boring. But thankfully for all involved, this high councilman was pretty cool. His talk was sort of all over the place, so I'm not exactly sure what the take-away message was. But what I got from it was this amazing quote:
" "Satan was abroad in the land--" that's how we know Satan was a female."
I died. Someone in the audience clapped a few times. It was great. This guy was pretty flippant, which gave me great hope. People with flippant attitudes can also be spiritual. That's great news for me, I must say.  Sometimes my flippancy causes me to worry about my spiritual salvation. But then I think, Heavenly Father created people with flippant attitudes, so He must also be a little flippant. Now I've typed it too many times, and the word "flippant" looks super strange. It's a fun word to say out loud really fast. Flippantflippantflippantflippantflippant.
I'm making manicotti for dinner (Ha. Spell check says "manicotti" should actually be spelled, "amniotic." I truly hope my dinner doesn't have anything to do with amniotic fluids.). Manicotti noodles are supposed to be stuffed with a cheese mixture, which I have. I started putting the cheese mixture into the noodles, but stopped after two seconds. Have you ever tried to stuff manicotti noodles? Imagine trying to stuff something mushy and cold into something limp and easily broken and you've got the picture (that's the best metaphor I've got right now.). So I put the noodles into a pan and spooned the cheese mixture on top of the noodles. Then I covered it all with sauce, so you can't even tell. That's my white trash version of manicotti noodles. It's gonna be great!
I have a love/hate relationship with food. Mostly it's hate. Trying to find food to eat 3 or 4 times a day isn't so bad. But when you have to eat every 2 hours, finding food becomes a horrific chore, especially when nothing sounds good. I imagine a fat, lumpy food monster taunting me every time my stomach starts to growl.  He's annoying and gross.
However, eating every 2 hours has greatly improved my health. Imagine that--eating is actually good for you. Ha! It's becoming more of a habit to eat now. It's kind of sad that I have to remind myself to eat. But that's what happens when you ignore hunger pains for so long. Speaking of hunger pains, my manicotti mess is done. And I'm pretty hungers.

2 comments:

  1. Ahahahahaha!!!!! You are a riot! And I also hope your food has nothing to do with amniotic fluid. ick.

    ReplyDelete