![]() |
| Oh yeah, she looks years younger. Plastic surgery certainly did it for her! |
I hope that when I get old, I can accept aging gracefully, and live just as happy as ever. Some old people I've met or observed seem to enjoy being old. They live happy, contented lives despite hearing loss, brittle bones, loss of eyesight, etc. However, I have encountered a few sharks in the sea of older folks, especially while at work.
Yesterday I worked an 11 hour shift, which is tiring, but not bad--until cranky old women (yep, it's mostly all women) come and grind my happiness into a pulp. I try to be cordial and nice to everyone, even if they don't reciprocate. Three old ladies came into work yesterday who refused to let me be nice to them.
Old crank number 1 comes in pretty regularly, and she is crazy. No joke. She demanded that I give her a bowl of soup, and that I make sure to fill it allll the way to the top, because I was charging her way too much, and I should be ashamed. She also demanded that I give her two dimes for her 20 cents in pennies, but she got ticked when I told her she had only given me 17 pennies. Before leaving, she checked her soup to make sure I had filled it alll the way to the top, and then left with attitude fitting a 2 year old.
Old crank number 2 comes in every week to get bread puddin'. I try my very hardest to be kind to her, but it's hard. I always ask her how she is doing, and she always interrupts me and says, "I want my bread pudding, but two middle pieces, and hurry. Is there chocolate in there? That's ridiculous. Give me a piece without chocolate." Uh......that's impossible. "Well he should know that not everyone likes chocolate in their bread pudding. $2.75? You've got to be kidding me. That is incredibly overpriced. You are stealing from people. Give me some rum sauce, and don't spill it." No matter what, I always do something wrong, and she always has something to complain about.
![]() |
| This is a pretty accurate rendering of the bread pudding lady. |
Okay, I know that it must be frustrating to get old. But come on! If the case fridges are too loud, turn your hearing aid down! If the prices are too high for you, go somewhere else! If you don't like chocolate, why the heck are you getting bread pudding? Stop blaming your old age on innocent employees! Either accept your age, and make the best of it, or stay at home and complain to your cats, because no one wants to get thrashed around for being young while you are old! If you don't have cats, talk to your mothballs or dentures or orthopedic shoes or something. Guh. Old age can't be that bad; look at this guy! He's missing teeth, he's ancient, and he's as happy as a pig in mud!



oh man, that guy makes me want to draw something
ReplyDeletespanked?
ReplyDeleteRandle Candle! ...spanked?
ReplyDelete