I am one of those people that has to take medicine every day. I don't mind taking meds--in fact, I am very grateful that there is medicine available to help me deal with what I have been given. Sometimes I forget if I have taken my meds or not, but I am usually able to remember, and everything is fine. Yesterday was one of those forgetful times, but it didn't end up so fine. I was at work, doing my 10 hour shift. I was certain that I hadn't taken my pills, so I popped them in my mouth. As soon as I swallowed, I remembered that I had indeed taken my medicine earlier that morning. My first thought was, Oh shoot! I just overdosed! I'm doomed! I called my Mom, and we both thought that it would be fine. It was for a little while, then around 7:30 things started getting pretty sketchy. I was texting my mom and cousin when things started going south, so I have a record of how crazy I got. Lucky you, you get to laugh at my expense! Actually, it is pretty hilarious.
Here is the conversation I had with my Mom:
Me: Woah Mom! This is not cool. I think I'm going to be strange. Like a fish, you know? It's real shaky.....spookie? hahaha! Shaky and my head is cool. dizzy.
Mom: Sorry. Drink some water?
Me: Oh, I did, but then it all fell feel fellll out of my buns. into more water. Okay, it was the toilet. Gross. Sorry.
Me: Hahaha, hey mom mamm mum maaam baaabaaa like some sheep. anywya, do you want some sledge biscuits? hahahahahahaha fuunny, huh? huh. huh! kewl kewlll ooj orange juice haffenstetter hatt. matt. patt. scatt, you mangy cats! hahahahaha!.!?.,:;
It made total sense to me, and I was being so clever and funny. Why wasn't Mom responding? She could at least send me a text to let me know how hard she was laughing.
Here is my conversation with my cousin, Melissa.
Me: Oh nelly, this is not fun. I am trippin like a pro, but this time it is for real. If this is what it's like to do some dookies and doobies, count me out.
Me: My brain is like a spider. Going as fast as a spider's eyes when they shift roundy. Plus, some girl that is pinkalicious -her words- just stared me down. Star.
Melissa: Bahaha! Man you are trippin!
Me: Hahahjh okkay computeer! not like a train engineeer but neverminf. hey sis hahahan hay haha i did not mean to dew that. mnt. dew. eeee looks like spider eyes.
Me: Don't talk to me anyhmoree spider eyes! haha don't talk to me because I can't type very whel whale right now. dew the dupe. doobies and poopy diaper. s. mom.
At this point, I was obviously gone. But I had enough presence of mind to realize that I probably shouldn't ride my bike home, because it was late, dark, and I was dizzy. So, I asked for a ride.
Me: Hey, don't hang up the phone. You should if this hasn't worn clothes....hahahah, no.worn off, i need a rige rig ride home at ten cuz i have a bike and drugs.
Me: Did that make sents? scentsy. allison's wax is broken. anywhays, so i don't endangered species myself, can you get me at ten?
Melissa: Bahahaha keep it comin! This is better than live tv!! (Oh Melissa. Always sympathetic.)
I was so frustrated with Melissa. Couldn't she see that I was being serious? I really needed a ride! I had told her as plainly as I could. It was so hard for me to get my message across, because my brain kept getting in the way.
Me: No, I'm serious! You are rude. i wrwrwrwreally do knead knee'd a ride home wrigley's gum-because I don't want to dye on my bike going home. please?
Melissa: Oh oh you're actually speaking words??? You need a ride home from work at 10??
Me: Yesssss! i'm a slithrerly snake YES ARE YOU STUPID? yes, i do. I need a ride home so i don't die. dice. mice. pile if pice.
I also had an interesting conversation with my brother. I was looking at National Geographic magazines, and I was seeing some really funny stuff written in the picture captions. So I thought I would share the hilarity with my brother. He didn't seem to appreciate how funny it was.
Me: Sledging biscuits. hahahaha! and fat seal stakerrs. haha! His dogs dieed. (It was an article about an expedition to the South Pole. The explorer had a lot of sled dogs die. That's all I remember about this.)
Dennis: Ehm...Ehr you a-ok? Or did you get impaled by a hallucinogenic wart hog?
Me: Hahahaa drugs man!! some trippy daruuugs. darude. sandstorm. mail man! tell the milkman hi for that skanky mom in the doorway. i think. Well, I accidentalllly took 2 many phills. pills. phil horace.!?! ahahhh i did that to mom too.
Dennis: I see...i will tell the mailman to say hi to the skank for you.
Me: Nononononono no no no no don't really dew it.
Dennis: Alright i won't.
Me: Don't patronize me in an aproon, young man! I can tell.
Thankfully, word got out that I was trippin hard, and my friend and co-worker Alicia came to work to take over the last hour and a half of my shift. My cousins Jenni and Melissa came into the shoppe at the same time, and all three of them started walking toward me. I remember feeling terrified. They were surrounding me, like they were about to kill a cornered animal. I felt like I was about to be arrested, so I yelled at them to leave and I ran to the back. I don't remember much after that, except that everything was either hilariously funny or horribly depressing and sad. After some firm words from my mom on the phone, I allowed my cousins to take me to my sister's house to spend the night.
Around ten thirty I started to return to normal. I was still very shaky, dizzy, and weak, and I couldn't quite connect my thoughts, but I could converse like a normal human. I didn't sleep very well at all, but when I woke up this morning I was back to me ole' self. This is not the first run-in I've had with malfunctioning drugs, but thankfully this time, my reaction to the medication didn't involve suicidal tendencies. Haha, I wonder what those few customers thought who came in while I was off my nut. It was so difficult to concentrate on what they were saying, and to answer their questions. I'm sure I came off as a crazy loon. Let's be honest, I was a crazy loon.
I'm very thankful that I had family members and friends around me who were willing to take care of me and keep me safe from myself. I don't think I was very nice to them while in my medicated state. Sorry! This experience is just one more thing to add to my testimony that Heavenly Father is watching over me and protecting me. There have been quite a few instances in the past few years that could have lead to serious injury or my death. Now that I think about it, it truly is a miracle that I'm still alive, and the only reason I am is because of Heavenly Father.
Experiences like these remind me that I have an amazing gift of life, and that I should take advantage of it. I feel like I've lived parts of my life with my eyes half closed, passing up experiences and opportunities because of fear or uncertainty. I still have fears, but I want to open my eyes, get out of my comfort zone, and live more. This doesn't mean I have to do incredible, amazing things, or go on awesome adventures (although that would be nice). I'm having a hard time coming up with the words to explain what it does mean--let's blame it on the lack of sleep, and a hangover of sorts. But I'm trying to live with my eyes open. I'm trying to live awake.
Um, just waiting for my share! Where's my skank?? Jus sayin...I want a turn.
ReplyDelete