Thursday, September 22, 2011

More music

I'm always on the lookout for good bands and songs that are not part of the mainstream garbage that is all over. I think it's so cool how music has been around for forever, and yet new sounds are still emerging. I've recently found some pretty kewl bands that you should really check out. I'll try to post a link so you can have a taste of their sound, but it might not work. (Sorry, a lot of the links will probably be YouTube links.) Anyway, let me know what you think!


Woodkid

The Drums, "Money"-http://soundcloud.com/workit/the-drums-money

The Kooks (These guys have been around for a while, but they just released a new album, Junk of The Heart), "Junk of the Heart (Happy)"-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCMykkcoyu8

Neon Indian, "Polish Girl"-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0Q_JwOqko4

Robbers on High Street, "Hey Unbelievers"

Mates of State, "Maracas"-http://www.youtube.com/watch?Pv=CbqrO9oxc7E  (This song is so cool!)

Patrick Watson, "Big Bird In a Small Cage," http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3aD5alrJ78 "Sit Down Beside Me"

Sleepy Rebels, "Magic Girl" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbwkJi918p4

Joshua James, "Coal War" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RNcLOi14yk , "Lovers Without Love" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCegTaqq1aQ

Adam Merrin, "Still Alright"

Woods,"Say Goodbye" http://www.last.fm/music/Woods/_/Say+Goodbye

Horse Feathers, "This Is What"

I tried to do a fancy click and listen gadget, but apparently I'm not tech-savvy enough to figure it out. So, these are some of my favorite songs and bands as of late. If you find any awesome bands, please let me know about them!
Happy listening, and don't forget to eat. Because it's now 2:06 pm, and I haven't eaten anything. 2: 06?!? HOLY COW! This took me a lot longer than I thought! I was going to work on my painting all day today. Shewt.


3 comments:

  1. HEY!!! The click and listen thing worked! WAHOOO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially like "The Sleepy Rebels" the rest were a little to synthetic for my particular tastes in music. Here are two songs I think you might like. They are by the same guy but are very distinct.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3xYXGMRRYk&ob=av2n

    http://www.myspace.com/video/paolo-nutini/paolo-nutini-last-request/100012653

    I hope you like the songs, but I know you will like the singer. heh heh

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked those songs! Good old Paolo. Yeah, I'm sort of into synthetic stuff right now. I'm also into Christian bands, which is sort of odd. Jars of Clay is an awesome Christian band.

    ReplyDelete