Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Awkward For Everyone

It's good to know that I'm not the only individual who has awkward moments. Awkwardness runs rampant in the streets. 

For instance: engagement photos. 


Totes adorbs. Drinking out of the same fountain at the same time. It MUST be love!


Because nothing says love like being strangled by the same scarf.


A quiet observer....

Whatever it takes to get that perfect shot.


Supah thrilled.

Woop, looks like he "caught" her! hah hah hah. Everyone loves a good fishing joke.

Man, woman, and pole. A match made in heaven.

There are just no words.


Also: professional photography.


This kid loves his vacuum!


Erm.....uh....

YEAH! Winter wonderland.


\
And who could resist the awkward beauty of braces?






Last week I shared some of my most awkward moments. Here are some very fantastic stories from the lives of other awkward individuals. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!
(I decided to keep these stories anonymous, just in case.)

Once upon a time I was younger, probably around 6ish. We went to a play that was mainly made for parents to come cheer on their cute kids. I was not cute enough to be in the play, but luckily if you were little you could sit with all the other kids in the audience, right up close to the stage on the floor. It was a gross gym and pretty stifling, so they had a fan blowing right by us. I knew no one around me and was pretty uncomfortable. It didn't help my comfort that all of the sudden I desperately needed to sneeze. It also didn't help that this sneeze produced a wad of snot from who knows where and the perfectly placed fan blew it directly onto the kid right next to me. I was too nervous to say "Let me help you wipe my snot off you" so he stood up and walked away to the bathroom never to be seen again. We did not become friends.

So, big confession, I wet the bed until I was twelve. It was never a big problem, we left the plastic on my mattress, I wore bedtime pull-up diapers, you know all that great stuff. But one time in 5th grade my parents went out of town and I made arrangements to stay at my friend's house. I was too embarrassed to let her know I wet the bed, so I had planned to not drink a lot and hope for the best without my pull-ups or anything. Well, my plan failed and I did wet the bed. The problem was, I was sharing one bed with my friend as well as her sister. Thus, we all laid in my piddle, which is quite cold , so I got up and changed and slept on the couch. In the morning no one said anything. To this day I have no idea what they know or think. I think the smell and wetness would alert them, so either they were too nice to say anything or really didn't notice. My one hope and prayer is that they noticed enough to change the sheets before sleeping in it again. Once is plenty of times to rest in someone else's urine.


So! Last day of band camp, and we are learning the last few sets. It is about a hundred degrees and our Colorguard leader keeps tellin us to drink more water since she doesn't want us dehydrated. Well the problem with this is... I have to pee. Like super duper bad potty dance kind of bad. Well we run through the last few and are standing there holding our flags out, when I pee my pants. And I just have to stand there as still as a statue because if I move we all get in trouble and I will have to do pushups, Well I'm in the back corner of the field so I'm telling myself no one will notice, but then we reset the field show TO THE BEGINNING, and I'M RIGHT IN THE FRONT. AND OH MY GOSH THAT CUTE GUY WHO I HAVE A CRUSH ON AND WHO ISN'T EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE HERE IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!!! So I quickly move my set list, which is tied around my waist to the front and just pray that no one will look at me. After we ran the whole show my pants were dry, thank goodness, but I hurried to go change my pants. I also did not go talk to my crush. urgh.


One time I was getting ready to leave my boyfriends house. He leaned to kiss me goodbye, hit the edge of the coffee table, and fell over all the way to the ground. doo bee doop doo-wah, doo bee doop do wah, another awkward moment!


In my college dance class there was that super awkward guy with his hair parted and shirt tucked in and ginorm glasses. I could tell he was interested in me because he kept asking me to dance and striking up awkward conversations. Finally one day he mustered the courage to ask me out. Unfortunately for him, I had just started dating a different guy. So he asks me out, and I say, "Oh, I'm sorry, I am already in a relationship with someone." I was as nice about it as I could be. He just stared at me, then walked off without another word, and tried to avoid me for the rest of the semester. Which was hard to do since we were still in the same dance class, and still had to dance with each other now and then. Awkward!!


One time I worked in a restaurant as a dishwasher. We were all cleaning up after closing one night, and my boss asked me if I was going to the upcoming high school dance. I said I wasn't. He said, "Hey! Bob isn't going either!" Bob was the cook working that night, who happened to be in my grade, and happened to be a "popular kid." My boss called Bob into the back. "Hey Bob, you aren't going to the dance and neither is she! You two should go together!" I give Bob a weak smile. Bob stares at me, gives this awkward sort of laugh, shuffles his feet around, and then makes an excuse to go back into the kitchen. Needless to say, he did NOT ask me to the dance. I was mortified. Thanks a lot, Boss-man, for pointing out what a loser I am.

So one time, Dan (name has been changed) was jumping on his tramp with some friends (high school) and one of them was a girl he liked. Well he decided to show off a bit and do a round house/flip dismount off the tramp. So he jumped really high, got about halfway through and decided it was a bad idea and stopped turning. So he lands on his shoulder, just barely not bellyflopping, instead of landing all cool. He felt super awkward. :) but luckily not hurt in any way, except his pride.


Thanks tons to everyone who shared a story! You guys are greeeat. 

Have an awkward day!

xoxo, Saralyn  

No comments:

Post a Comment