Wednesday, February 6, 2013

A Study of the Human Hand

I'm really bad at painting hands, so I figured I'd study my own hand and try to finally get it down. It turned out okay, considering I didn't draw it beforehand. It took me about 5 hours from start to finish. The crazy stuff on the background is rubber cement. That wasn't the look I was originally going for, but the glue didn't peel off nicely like I wanted it to. However, I think I like this look better than if I had completely peeled it off.  The colors in the painting look ten million times better in person, as always. I should probably invest in a good camera sometime......

The sun is shining today. Hooray!








1 comment:

  1. This is way cool! I love the colors, even if they aren't truly what they look like. :) You're awesome.

    ReplyDelete