Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Animals are cool.


This digital drawing pad is addicting. I can't stay away from it! So I hope you don't mind putting up with my simple cartoons while I try to figure out all the tricks and techniques. 




Also: I'm serious about the slug/alien thing. 

Lately I've been trying to figure out what to do with my life. I've been researching different options, praying, reading my scriptures, meditating, and wondering why on earth I wasn't getting any direction at all. I felt like my life was completely stagnant, which was really frustrating. Then I got some fantastic advice that made me take a second look at my current situation. I really am very blessed with what I have and where I'm at right now. My happiness and progression does not depend on me making one perfect choice. There is no perfect choice! The Lord has given me agency, and sometimes I forget what it is and how to use it.
Anyway, my Dad helped me understand that I have to relax, and be happy with where I'm at right now. This is one of those things that I have to be reminded of---over and over and over again. Funny how easy it is to forget things we have already learned. 
I have been making a conscious effort to relax, and just enjoy where I'm at, even though I do pretty much the same things every day. I sleep, I work, I clean, I play with my new toy and my ukulele, and occasionally I find a way to go on a hike in the mountains. (I did that this morning, and it was amazing. I love the mountains! Although, I didn't love being attacked by a herd of butterflies. Mock if you will, but butterflies can be vicious.) It's amazing how much happier I am when I relax and decide to be okay with where I am and what I am (or am not) doing. 
I'm also trying the "natural" way of life. (Don't worry, I still wear clothes, shower, and use toilet paper.) I've started drinking raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar. Apparently it has a truckload of benefits. To be honest: it's disgusting. I have 1 to 2 tablespoons a day, and I have to mix it in with a smoothie or apple juice. People say that you get used to the taste after a while---but that just means your taste buds shrivel and die, so you can't taste anything. No thanks to that. I haven't been taking it long enough to notice anything, but if nothing seems to be improving after a few weeks, goodbye apple cider vinegar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment