![]() |
| It's a crazy wire tree! |
I had some extra wire sitting around from one of my art classes sophomore year. So, I made a tree. The base is masonite with someone's color barf on it. Mostly I did it so my brain wouldn't explode. It was really fun to do, except that now my hands have cuts and scratches all over from the wire. Casualties of war. It's sort of a strange little guy, but I like it. I might re-paint the base a different color, but for now the color explosion works. (ps: if you ever want to try this at home, be warned: wire is a BEAST to work with! I broke a dowel and strained every single muscle in my arm while doing this little project. But don't let that stop you!)
After that I finished the gouache painting I had been working on. It's mostly just a study in color, ink, and form, but I think it turned out alright.
Annnywhays, I hope everyone had a great 4th of July! Hooray for America!
***UPDATE***
I decided I wanted the focus of my wire piece to be on the tree, and the base was competing with it. So I repainted it.
I think it looks better. Wazoo.
***UPDATE***
I decided I wanted the focus of my wire piece to be on the tree, and the base was competing with it. So I repainted it.
![]() |
| I let some of the color show through under the sculpture, and I let some of the color bleed onto the wire. |
I think it looks better. Wazoo.





No comments:
Post a Comment