Thursday, June 6, 2013

The News

Hello, I FINALLY GOT A JOB!!!! 

Heavenly Father is most certainly a merciful God. I have spent weeks searching for a job, applying for every opening that I was qualified for. Searching for employment is difficult and often discouraging. Because I don't have a degree or certifications of any kind, I was sure that the only job I would be able to find would be food-related. 




Not ideal. 

Last week I applied at a company that sells recreational gear. They are a really awesome company. I applied to be a sales specialist, which meant I would be helping people in the camping and backpacking section of the store, helping customers find the right equipment, answering questions, etc. I doubted I would even get a response to my application, since I'm the farthest thing from a specialist. But wonder of wonders, I got a call that same day, and was invited to interview with them. 

The interview went well, but since they have tons of applicants, I was certain I wouldn't get the job. 

Yesterday, while on top of a cliff high in the mountains, I got a phone call. First of all: the timing was perfect. Had anyone tried to call me at any other time, I wouldn't have heard or been able to get to my phone. Secondly: I do not know how I got service up there. Granted, cell phone towers seem to be everywhere nowadays, but clear up in the middle of nowhere??

Anyway. The phone call was from the company I had applied for, offering me a job. I screamed.....a few times. I also did a stompy-feet thing while doing a high-pitched mouse scream (stomping my feet was not the best idea, as I was sitting on very loose dirt). It's cool though, that I got a job offer from an outdoor company while I was sitting on top of a mountain. RIGHT??

The Lord does provide, and He does answer prayers--although in my case, the answer often comes way after my patience has run out. I know that the only reason I got this job was because Heavenly Father made it possible. I'm soooo thankful, and so excited! 

Also: I've been thinking. Perhaps the reason I went through a few days of wilderness training, even though the job didn't work out, was to better qualify me for this job. It's not the only reason, but maybe it has something to do with it. The Lord is sneaky sometimes, isn't He? Thank goodness He knows what's best for me, because I certainly don't. 

For anyone else that is looking for a job: I'm sorry. It really sucks. Take luck; don't give up. I'll pray for you.

xoxo, Saralyn.


No comments:

Post a Comment