I work at a pastry shoppe, and for the most part, I really enjoy it. As far as jobs go, it's really not too bad: I am surrounded by delicious looking and tasting food, I get to work on homework or read or draw pictures when there isn't a customer, my boss is a pretty cool guy who makes me food and lets me eat cake batter, and the customers are usually pretty nice and happy--who wouldn't be with all those sweets around?
There are, however, some things about my job that make me go a little crazy.
When customers enter the shoppe, I greet them with a standard, friendly greeting:
| Check it out: it's in COLOR!!!! Revolutionary, I know. |
I get the usual responses-- "Good, how are you?" "I'm great now!" etc. Then comes the intense part of my job: waiting for them to make a decision, and preparing to answer all the questions they might have. Most people ask good, solid, sensible questions, such as, "What is this yellow thing?" "Is this a fudge brownie?" "Does this have nuts in it?"
But every now and again, I get a question like this: "What's this raspberry tart thingie?"
Customer: "But what's in it?"
My most FAVORITE question EVER goes something like this:
Customer: "Can you tell us what all of these pastries are?"
Me: "Well which ones are you looking at?"
Customer: "Oh, just run through all of them for me."
Sometimes, I get people who decide to shove a 10 lb wad of cotton in their mouth before they speak to me.
Who knew working at a pastry shoppe could be so dangerous?
Bahahaha! I think I can totally relate to this post! And I must say, I am quite happy to be following your blog. You are hilarious my dear!
ReplyDelete