Saturday, March 3, 2012

Solitude, Nubs, and Meatballs.

I talk a lot about running away and living by myself in the mountains. It's mostly just talk, but I've never wanted to really run away more than I have in the past week and a half. Running seems to be my default. When something isn't going right in my life, or when I'm in an uncomfortable, crazy situation, my head yells at me to run, and my body starts feeling like it will explode if I don't get out of there quick.
Does civilization ever just get to you? Do you ever feel like if you have to interact with another human being you will implode? Maybe that's just me...Anyway, this past week and half I wanted to get lost in Logan Canyon, find a nice little cave, and perhaps ask a wolf pack if they would accept me as one of their own. I would love to camp out in the mountains by myself for a while. Imagine how much you could learn about yourself and this amazing earth! One day, I'm going to do it. Actually, I've decided: I'm going to do it this summer. I feel that it's just something I need to do. Oh man, now I can't wait for summer! 
This is my, "I love nature" photo. 

On another note: I have the best parents ever, and that is the truest statement I have ever made. They came up to Logan last night, and they got me laughing when nothing else could. My dad got a free white dress shirt, but apparently it was made for nub-armed nellies, because when he stretched his arms out, the sleeves did not go along for the ride. Now, my dad has short arms, but the only person who has short enough arms to fit that shirt is this guy right here:
My parents went to a banquet up here last night, and I think someone spiked their drinks, because they were coming up with the most hilarious things. I told my mom I didn't know what kind of cake I wanted for my upcoming birthday, and she said I wasn't limited to cakes. I could have a birthday noodle! I do love noodles. Just stick a candle in one o' those slimy guys, and voila! A perfect cake. My dad's suggestion was a birthday meatball. So, I went searching for a birthday cake that was either made of noodles or meatballs, and I found that a lot of people like to name their ugly dogs "Meatball."
Awwwwwww!!!
But then, I found the best cake ever, one that combines meatballs and noodles.
I know, right?!?!
So, there you go mom and dad. Your ideas have become a reality.
I wanted to put a picture of my wonderful parents on here, but I don't think they are super gung-ho about having their pictures on the internetsss..... but I did it anyway. So here they are.

Actually, this picture isn't too far off....


No comments:

Post a Comment