Yeah. It's pretty inspiring. Oh, in case you were wondering: I did go dumpster diving the other night. And Miranda and I found some awesome wood for my art projects, and Miranda even picked up a sweet injury on her foot when she dropped a giant piece of wood on it. (hehh....sorry Mir!) It's incredible what people throw away-I found a fluffy pillow in the dumpster. All it needed was a good wash to get rid of the diseases, and it would have been perfect! I think I should go back and get it. I'm in need of a good pillow. Literally. My pillow is basically non-existent.
So, I cut my hair. All by myself. I've done this many times before, and it's always turned out pretty good. Not so much this time. I may be sporting an up-do for the next 5 months. But that really interferes with my plans, because I'm growing my shave out, and I was planning on wearing my hair down to cover up the awkward length. It's going to look hilarious when it starts getting longer. I can't wait.
Another interesting tidbit about my life right now: I'm addicted to Kool-Aid, and that is not a lie. It's my fix. I should really get a handle on it. But I probably won't.
One more thing: Sometimes church is hard for me to sit through. My mind wanders unceasingly, and I get distracted by the littlest things. But today, during steak...I mean stake...conference, I was riveted to the speakers. It was one of the best meetings I have been to in a long time, and part of that was probably because I was actually willing to listen and learn this time. One of the speakers, the wife of a mission president, said a lot of things that I really liked. So, I'mma share a few of them with you, because this time I have my notes right here with me!
-Don't strive for perfection, strive for improvement. (This one is big for me, because I get caught up in trying to be perfect at everything.)
-Life brings us trials and challenges, but misery is optional.
-There is a difference between "giving up," and "giving all." (I think her husband might have said that one. He was an amazing speaker as well. Super passionate and motivational. I think he even hit his hand on the pulpit a few times for added effect. Very kewl.)
-Impressions should lead to expression. (I also took this one to heart, because there have been many times when I've received impressions, written them down, and then....nothing else happens. I want to work on this one.)
Anyway, I'm sure you've heard those same type of quotes many times, but it's nice to be reminded, right?

No comments:
Post a Comment