I love National Geographic. They always have the neatest stories and the most beautiful pictures. I've always wanted to travel and experience different cultures around the world, but so far I haven't been able to do any voyaging. That's where National Geographic comes in! Sure, it's not as fun as being somewhere cool in person, but it's close, right? hehhh...yeeeah. Anyway, I found a beautiful picture in one of my magazines that I had to paint. It's a little boy from the Hazda tribe somewhere in Africa. I'm not exactly sure why, but Africa, especially African children, has always had a strong pull on me. I know going to Africa is the trendy thing to do right now, but I have been drawn toward Africa for quite a while. I ain't no trend follower!
So here is my painting. I would show you the original picture so as to compare the two, but that would make my paint boy look like....not good. So...no.
He could obviously benefit from more work, but at some point I have to stop myself, or I will go on painting until I've grown a neck beard. (My brother recently informed me that these are referred to as "Neards." Awesome.)

No comments:
Post a Comment