Thursday, October 27, 2011

Hello, my name is Shawrn Gaberdeen.

Today is my day off, so even though I posted something last night, I'm going to do it again. Right now. Because I can, and I want to. Okay.
I was digging around in my boxed up stuff the other day when I came across a list I made a little while ago during some boring college class. It's a list of things about me that most people don't know. I found it entertaining.

1. I would rather read a good book than go to sleep. I love to read.
2. I had an awesome snaggle-tooth. But it's gone now--braces claimed ol' snaggle for themselves.
3. I sleep with my baby blanket, silky, every night. There is absolutely no shame in this.
4. I don't always shave, which often leads to hairy situations...
5. I love a new notebook, or fresh, clean paper. Give me a pen and a blank sheet of paper, and I'll be happy for quite some time.
6. I like writing lists, but just for the fun of writing them. I don't always get those things done. In fact, I often write a list and then never look at it again.
7. Everyone thinks I look younger than I really am. At work the other day some woman asked me if my mother approved of me working alone at night. I was tempted to start crying and babble on about child labor, but that probably wouldn't have ended well...
8. I can't function without a bedroom lamp.
9. Camping, or being outside = best idea ever.
10. I make my own shoes, and re-cover old ones. But of course I also buy shoes. A lot of them.
11. I think eye patches make people instantly tough.
12. Cruise ship = worst idea ever.
13. "Goober" is for fools too lazy to get out 2 separate jars of condiments.
14. I love Harry Potter. Sometimes I have wizard duels. My brother even made me a wand, and I must say, it looks incredibly real. Because it is. I do magic, obviously.
15. Some of my favorite smells are fresh paint, homemade bread fresh from the oven, new clothes, and right before and after it rains.
16. 4-wheeling is top notch.
17. Okay, this one wasn't on the list, and it has nothing to do with things people don't know about me, but I was just reminded of it, and it must be shared. One time, I was walking home from class, and my shirt felt all torked. I was wearing a heavy jacket (it's Logan, people.), so I couldn't exactly tell what was going on with my shirt, but I couldn't fix it until I got home. But man, it felt so strange! Almost like my undershirt had become all bunched up around my belly button. Whelp, I got home, took off my jacket, and found that my bra had come undone, and was just chillin there at my belly button. EHH?? How on earth did that even happen? I wonder how long it had been undone. All I can say is, it's a dang good thing that A) I had multiple layers on so nothing was noticeable, and B) I'm so tiny up top that it wouldn't have mattered if I had multiple layers on or not - you still wouldn't have noticed.
18.When it's really windy, I take a plastic bag outside, release it, and then chase it all around.
19. I will never name my child Bumlock. EVER.
20. One of my greatest wishes is to go to Africa and work with AIDS orphans.
21. Instead of sucking my thumb when I was a baby, I sucked my tongue. And yes, I still do it.
22. Fruit juice is my fix.
23. I still play lava monster.
24. After I wash my clothes, it takes me forever to put them away. Sometimes they just sit in the basket until they need to be washed again. Yes Mom, you taught me better than that.
25. I would rather be with my family than with anyone else in the whole world.

So, now you know a little more about the girl who was christened Shawrn Gaberdeen during a most excellent camping trip - whether you wanted to know more or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment