Friday, January 17, 2014

Pretend you're interested

I find it hard to write on my blog when nothing of interest really happens to me. I've been trying to think of stories I could share, but so far I've got nothing. So for now, I'll just share details from my boring, every day life.
PRETEND IT'S INTERESTING.

Lately I've been on a Candy Crush binge. When my Dad comes home from work, I snatch his phone and play until my lives run out. Then, if he's not already on it, I snatch his ipad and play until I have no more lives. It's a vicious cycle. Why is that game so addicting? A girl I work with plays it every time she has a break. She's pretty intense about it. Level 3000 or something like that.

This week was pretty strange, since I was only scheduled for 2 days of work. So I had Tues-Fri all to myself. Since everyone else is at work or school during the day, I've been pretty much on my own all week. ....doing nothing. Actually, I take that back. I made delicious chicken and noodles, worked on a painting I'm doing for a friend, got my clothes washed (but not put away), the bathroom cleaned, and my bedroom organized. I also did a lot of sleeping, playing Lego Batman, watching movies, reading, and wandering around the house. It's the most productive week I've had in a long time. Usually, I come home from work and slump around, emotionless and unmotivated. It's sort of my thing nowadays.

This morning I woke up sweaty and freezing. Am I the only one who experiences this horrible phenomenon? When I go to bed, I'm cold. So I sleep with a quilt and my thick fuzzy blanket, and some light pjs. Nothing crazy. But most mornings when I wake up, I'm drenched in sweat and am freezing cold. Whaddaheck. I've tried everything to solve this quandry--short sleeved shirts, less blankets, going pantless to bed (I may have just made this awkward for everyone, but it's surprisingly comfortable. I won't apologize for that.), sleeping with my hair up, closing my heater vent (actually, it closes by itself. I have to tape it to get it to stay open, but that's just a lot of work), leaving my door open--but to no avail. I guess I'm just a gross, sweaty sleeper. SORRY FUTURE HUSBAND.

Besides my painting, I've also been working on an installation piece that I'm super excited about. I've always loved installation art. What's not to love?? My 3D art class at Utah State first got me interested in installation pieces, and more recently, I've been really inspired by window displays, particularly those of Anthropologie. Have you seen those masterpieces???







 Aren't those gorgeous??? I'm especially in love with the yellow butterfly dress. I think designing and making window displays for them would be THE BEST job ever! Oh glory, if I could get a job like that, I'd be ecstatic for the rest of my life! So if anyone knows someone who knows someone in this business.....hook a sister up!! I'm.....really serious about that.

Anyway, I've done a few installation pieces in the past--some worked, some exploded--but I'm trying again, this time with paper. I'll show you when it's finished, assuming it works out.

I'm going to go eat white chicken chili (it took me 5 minutes to get the right spelling of chili).

Stay full.

xoxox
Saralyn

No comments:

Post a Comment