Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Still Out There?

So I'm obviously not great at updating this blog. For anyone who still reads this junk, I'm going to be more on top of getting posts published.

My life as of late consists of sleep, work, and art, with the occasional meandering on my mountain board. (I got a mountain board. It's cool.) I really enjoy work, and was recently trained in a new department. Today was my first day in that dept., and it was pretty overwhelming, but I like having options as to where I can work.

I've been spending insane amounts of time with a pen in my hand. At first, drawing was just a way to relieve my boredom. But I've become somewhat of a monster. I have this constant urge to draw everything, all the time, ALL THE THINGS! I've been taken over. I do art, I read about art, I get on the interwebs just to look at art....it's never ending. Drawing has become a way for me to deal with things I can't handle. When I draw or paint, I can forget about everyone and everything that is worrying me or causing stress. It's really quite therapeutic...until I stop drawing and everything comes flooding back. Not ideal. But I'd like to think that all this drawing time is helping me improve and grow as an artist.

Tomorrow I have my first appointment with my new therapist. Yep, I'm now one of those people: the precious few who get to boast about having a professional reach into your brain and tear it all apart, in the hopes that you'll become less of a head case. I'm actually looking forward to it, because I really want to get better. In case you haven't already noticed, I have issues. ISSUES UP THE WAZOO. It would be great to get my brain back on track. I'll always be a little crazy, but that's normal for me. Anyway. Hopefully I can sort out all my junk and become functional again.

Here are some pictures. I have a tumblr account where I'll be putting all of my drawings and illustrations, but I'll post some of them here as well. I have a lot of posts to make up for, which means more illustrated stories from my embarrassing life files. YUSS.




Oh, in case you'd like to keep up with me on tumblr, here is the link:
http://threecrookedarrows.tumblr.com/



Keep it fancy.
 xoxox, Saralyn

No comments:

Post a Comment